WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
Harpist Sivan Magen shows off his instrument's chameleon-like abilities in a program showcasing the harp in solo, duo, trio, quartet, quintet, and sextet ensembles. Magen is one of the world's leading harpists and a permanent member of the Israeli Chamber Project. The program is as follows:
- Paul Ben-Haim: Poem for Solo Harp
- Robert Schumann: Three Romances, Op. 94 for Harp and Clarinet
- Jacques Ibert: Deux Interludes for Harp, Clarinet, and Cello
- W.A. Mozart: Piano Quartet in G minor, K. 478 (arranged for harp)
- Paul Patterson: Spider's Web
- Bohuslav Martinů: Chamber Music No. 1